Software Developer – III
The Software Developer III (SD-III) performs full development life cycle and technologies current with the geospatial industry. Works with limited oversight, the SD-III must have experience in full-stack development technologies. Development experience should needed in desktop, server, web-based, and mobile applications. The SD-III works intensely with databases, primarily Oracle and SQL Server, to support large and small-scale design and development strategies. The SD-III serves in a lead role on a development team, providing detailed instructions to team members
Duties and Responsibilities, but are not limited to:
- – Research, design and develop software systems to meet client requirements.
- – Develops desktop, web-based, and mobile applications.
- – Recommends technologies to meet client requirements.
- – Defines, documents and implements development processes, procedures and best practices.
- – Design, develop, customize and implement systems and software applications.
- – Design database structure and is able to set up systems.
- – Troubleshoot systems and software applications.
- – Develop desktop, server, web based, mobile, and data-driven applications.
- – Provide technical input for approaches in development to recommend technologies or improvements.
- – Test, debug, document and maintain the newly created systems.
- – Evaluate and provide technical recommendations for the development of new and existing systems.
- – Work closely with Project Manager to maintain good quality control of project work, keeping task on schedule and in budget.
- – Prepare technical documentation necessary to produce needs assessments and implementation plan documents pertaining to systems design and software and hardware implementation.
- – Mentor junior level software development staff
- – Bachelor Degree in Computer Science, Computer Science Engineering, Information Systems, Software Engineering, Electrical Engineering or related field AND minimum six (6) years equivalent work experience.
- – Minimum three (3) years of object-oriented design and programming experience.
- – Windows environment experience.
- – Intermediate to Advanced object-oriented design and programming skills.
- – Experience in Full Stack development working with technologies.
- – Experience utilizing the Model-View-Controller (MVC) Framework, or design pattern.-
- – Demonstrated understanding of both computer hardware and software fundamentals.
- – Ability to develop creative and alternative strategies and solutions.
- – Advanced level knowledge and experience with desktop (Microsoft.Net, JAVA) and /or web (HTML, JS, CSS, J2EE, ASP.net, PHP) application development technology.
- – Advanced level knowledge of at least two general purpose programming languages and working knowledge of at least two others (JAVA, C/C++, C#, Visual Basic).
- – Commitment to detail, quality, and customer focus.
- – Intermediate knowledge of SQL language and relational databases, including experience with either Oracle or Microsoft SQL Server database.
- – Ability to manage time on multiple projects in a fast-paced team-based environment at times with minimum supervision.
- – Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- – Excellent problem solving skills using an analytical and pragmatic approach.
- -Ability to quickly grasp new concepts and adopt new technologies.
- – A cyber security certification: a minimum of at least Security + certification
- – Must be US Citizen.
- – Active clearance and/or willingness to obtain a U.S. Government security clearance up to a Full Scope Polygraph and background investigation.
- – Working knowledge of spatial data in a RDBMS (Oracle, SQL Server, PostGIS, etc.).
- – Basic knowledge of CADD (MicroStation/AutoCAD) and GIS.
- – Basic knowledge of Esri GIS products (ArcGIS, ArcServer).
- – Basic knowledge of location based web mapping.
- – Working knowledge of web services (SOAP, WMS, WFS or related).
- – Working knowledge of web based security and permissions.
- – Database Certification.
- – Experience with third party vendor APIs.
- – Artistic, graphical web design capability.
- – Mobile development in iOS and Android.